Monday, February 10, 2014

to weekend or not to weekend...?



When we first moved to Goa, I was a little afraid that life will change into permanent holidays… and who would want that!
Surprisingly I manage to keep myself so busy that every weekend comes as a real reward. To make sure we are making a good use of our free time I even bought a book on this very subject – The wonderful weekend book – old British countryside type, quaint and charming.
While trying to learn how to “reclaim life’s simple pleasures” I came to the conclusion that we’ve mastered the concept already and have no problem indulging in everything Goa has to offer. 

Last weekend we even made and excursion towards Nasik, to attend festival held in one of the vineyards. While wine wasn’t the biggest attraction, though I enjoyed getting tipsy on sparkly Rosé, we had tons of fun with some friends and exceptional selection of music. I was never a fan of all these psychedelic transy music but I have to say Shpongle really made and impression. Of course Gypsy Allstars was everybody’s favorite - bunch of French guys, playing flamenco fusions with Rajasthani musicians. The idea might not be new, I remember similar concert in Delhi, not to mention Latcho drom – music documentary by Tony Gatlif, but it was, nonetheless, absolutely fantastic.

And so I’m sitting at my desk, remembering all the good weekend times, immersed in tedious job of internet flat hunting. I swear, I’m nearly crossed eyed from all the tiny floor plans and weird fonts… 



I do love our place, but unfortunately in this case “our” means rented. We got it into our heads that it’s time to have “our – our” place, and the search begun… It seemed exciting at first. All the ads sounded so dreamy! Old Portuguese villa in excellent condition… stuck behind village store, with no parking space or driveway; 3 bedroom apartment with valley view… with two bedrooms being converted balconies without proper roof; penthouse with a terrace… in a building nearly falling apart. Let’s just say that we’ve seen enough to understand what we got ourselves into. Plus there is one thing I simply can’t understand – even in the biggest apartments bathrooms are always the size of broom closet… why? Doesn’t anyone understand the importance of long bubble bath?
Long story short: this is how our, once wonderful, weekends are full of disappointments, dread and uncertainty, and I can’t help but wonder… are you there, somewhere…my dream house?




No comments:

Post a Comment