Thursday, February 13, 2014

coffee and croissant






Is there a better way to start a day than with coffee and croissant? Well yes, there is: with coffee, croissant and long forgotten book… and maybe Cat.



My obsession with inferior Indian tea resulted in long search for a perfect book explaining the phenomenon. I found one, shortly before the wedding, but soon the preparations and general hysteria took over, and my tea bible landed on a coffee table. I stumbled upon it during yet another organization fit, and here it is: waiting to be finished. 



So far I enjoyed it immensely, discovering many surprising facts, though I’m still waiting to learn about origin of milk tea! There was one anecdote about French aristocrat, who started this trend, worrying about tea’s influence on her precious china. But from what I’ve read so far, the habit died together with tea drinking, when France switched to coffee… The suspense is building up and I can’t wait to see how the story ends!



In the meantime I’m making macaroons – first time in my life! All I can say at this stage: macaroon makers don’t lie – these nasty little bastards are impossible!


No comments:

Post a Comment