Tuesday, February 25, 2014

diy pinboards





Have I mention, that shopping in India can be quite challenging and surprising at times? Of course, there are malls where you can find nearly anything, but for that you have to live in Delhi, Mumbai or other big city. When you have to rely on small, local stores it’s a whole different story.
I remember the beginning of my stay in India, when I simply couldn’t figure out where to get what I needed. To my surprise, the local pharmacy turned out to be the best place to get eggs and some basic groceries. I also found getting my change in candies quite amusing. The whole endeavor reminded me of kids playing shop, more than anything else… Slowly I’ve learned which shop, which market or which part of the city to go to, in search of certain things. Now, when we moved, the search begins again. 

For quite a while now, I’ve been longing to get pin board big enough to hold all my current inspirations and notes. I admit, I didn’t put too much effort into the search, but still, I didn’t find anything I would be remotely interested in…
After completing my Paris, New York, Milan project, I had huge soft wood board left over, and it turned out perfect for pinning. How could I resist the temptation?
It turned out so nice and easy, that I ended up making one for Anant too.









No comments:

Post a Comment