Friday, February 21, 2014

Paris, New York, Milan - tale of three cities and some glue



Did I mention that glue is one of my favorite things in the crafting world? It can be extremely versatile and has so much potential… I’m just finishing pin boards made mostly out of glue… ok, maybe that’s a bit of an overstatement, but still… glue is great!
Today, I finally hang my latest “wall décor”, which I’ve been gluing with fake Mod Podge (aka diluted Fevicol) last week. I used pictures from Pinterest. Paris, New York, Milan, who wouldn't love them, especially during fashion week season?! After a bit of research I found the author – self taught artist making some pretty awesome prints (and I never use the word “awesome”). 

But back to my project… again very simple and quick.



What I used:
10x10 inch boards (made of sth. called soft wood, but any mdf, plywood or wood would work)
10x10 printouts on slightly thicker paper
Acrylic paint
Lots of glue


 
First I covered the boards with diluted Fevicol and let them dry, then painted the edges with acrylic paint   mixed with glue. 

 


 


Secondly, I pasted the pictures on top of the boards, covering them with aditional layer of fake Modpodge.  When sticking larger prints, it is important to start coating them from the center, towards the edges. It will prevent bubbles of air getting stuck and distorting the surface.



 


After that I let the whole thing dry. In the end, I added thin metal wire at the back. It is much easier to hand picture straight using this method. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment