Wednesday, February 19, 2014

decorating with letters





It all started with a drill…
It was, I assume, like a new toy to my husband. Any excuse was good enough to make yet another hole. As a result we ended up with nails protruding from the walls in weirdest places. Surprisingly enough, it inspired my search for DIY garlands. After all, hanging decorations are far better than spiky walls!
Plus, I couldn't wait to lay my hands on new crafty supplies I ordered from few online stores...


What I used:



Mdf letters
Pattern paper
Scissors
Mod Podge
Brush
3d liner


I traced letters onto the paper, cut it out and glued it carefully, adding top coat of Mod Podge
I finished each letter with 3d outline, for a neater look. 




In the end, I joined the letters with beaded thread (hot gluing to the back sides) and tassels at the bottom.





Easy, fast and pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment