Friday, December 19, 2014

Under the Christmas tree




Over the years, packing Christmas presents became a bit of a ritual. First of all, I honestly think, I like buying/ making gifts more than getting them. Only a little more, but still… And second, I absolutely love beautiful wrapping papers.
I remember, we used to have a whole stash of ribbons, cards, stickers and papers with every print imaginable, that we would rummage through every December. Of course packing process was a very secret affair. I would lock myself in my room, gather all the gifts, put on some Christmas music and get to work.
I always concentrated on wrapping every present the best I could, and, though, separately they looked pretty, together they created lovely, festive mess. 


This year I decided to entrust my holiday finds to Indian post (sill crossing my fingers for the delivery). The perspective of stacking them all in one package gave me the push I needed, to finally coordinate the wrappings. Of course, I couldn’t simply use one kind of paper and be done with it. What fun would that be?  No fun at all...!
I created few different sets, to make it more interesting. What I’ve learned for the experience is:

  •    If you keep the uniform color, try to mix the textures
  •   If you are using one wrapping paper, try to mix decorative elements
  •   If you are using different prints, keep one color scheme or one style (or both)

Other than that, having piles of nicely coordinated gifts is extremely satisfying! 


No comments:

Post a Comment