Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas cards




I always loved the idea of Christmas card display. It gives such a festive and warm feeling…  Plus making cards is so much fun! I remember, back in high school, we had a Christmas fair every year. Some two weeks before holiday break, the whole school transformed into Santa workshop, with us elves running between sculpture and calligraphy classrooms with freshly decorated baubles, bags of glitter and piles and piles of hand-made cards. 

The problem is, nobody sends cards any more, and displaying facebook or sms wishes is rather difficult, not to mention, way less decorative.
This year, I decided to revive the tradition, and got to work in the very beginning of December. It started with only a few, for immediate family, but things kind of spiraled from there, and I ended up with the whole collection, which we only just managed to send.
Quite frankly, I have my doubts about reliability of Indian post (the very reason, which had me emailing Christmas wishes for past few years) so I keep my fingers crossed for all of my beauties to arrive safely and on time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment