Friday, May 6, 2016

The little things...




I remember as a child, I was reading and re-reading books like Six Bullerbyn children, till they parted their covers. I couldn't get enough eventhough nothing big ever happend there. Nothing ever hapened and yet every day was a discovery, an adventure!
Something about our new cottage life reminds of those childhood books. I'm not sure why it feels different now, but I'm not gonna question that and enjoy it one day at the time. Just like in my books - nothing really happens (if you manage to forget about the FRO shenanigans), but it's fun just the same!



For example, we have a frog living in our bathroom door frame. When I first saw her, I thought it was just a one-time sighting, I even consider throwing her our, but she was quite cute and pretty color too. Well, I'm not sure it's a "she" - especially since she looks like Jabba the Hutt most of the time, but I like to call her Ursula nonetheless. As it turns out, she sleeps in the bathroom during the day and spends the nights hunting for insects. Once, I had to rescue her from our cats and some other time, the poor thing was forced to play dead in front of them until we realized what's going on. That's not just a frog anymore, it's a real character!



Another day we had a tiny natural disaster. A branch broke off from one of the mango trees and pulled our internet line. Obviously, it couldn't take the weight of the fruits- I've never seen such huge mangos! It used to spread widely, all the way to the well, with the heavy fruits hanging just above it, until, one day, it collaped, with the mangos almost purpousfully layed down on the garden table.




And then, I was making a no bake mango cheescake with a layer of mango musse, mango cream cheese and home made mascarpone. It actually isn't as time consuming as it sounds, especially if you use store bought mascarpone, but it takes a while and a whole lot of bowls just the same. And so, just when i was about to assemble all the three layers, I was loudly reminded that motherhood waits for no cheesecake. I dumped everything in the cake pan, and put it in the fridge hoping that at least it wont leak out. It didn't. It was delicious, if a little whimsical...



No comments:

Post a Comment