Tuesday, September 2, 2014

new house - new beginning



It’s been a month since we successfully moved. Or, I should say, moved our stuff, cause I can’t call “successful moving” what’s happening in our new house.
Past few weeks were particularly busy, so it should come as no surprise that we are still in boxes.
I always get so excited about moving, I keep forgetting how daunting the perspective really is. On top of which, we are not the most organized or rational couple – hence the crazy month that followed our relocation.


We restarted our couch-surfing with three guests, just couple of days after we moved. We all got along marvelously and had tons of fun, but it didn’t help us setting up the house one bit. Just after that, we had couple of friends over, which at least motivated us to unclutter the guestroom.
Mid-month, we made a trip to Malvan – undiscovered beach in Maharashtra – for the Independence Day weekend. We got back just in time to start packing again. This time we spent few days in Delhi, celebrating the wedding of our friends – another international couple.
The day we came back, another couple of friends arrived to unwind in Goa, after their honeymoon trip around India. 

Around that time, our Cat decided to venture out and get himself into trouble. Luckily nothing major happened, but we had to make few rounds to the vet – just in case.
It’s been only couple of days, since we had time to sit down, look around and realize what mess we are living in. 

In all the craziness, I didn’t even notice the school year started. I always liked that time of the year: getting new notebooks and pencils, making resolutions, meeting friends after summer holidays…
Though I don’t have a school to go to any more, I still get the feeling that something new and exciting is coming and it’s up to me to make good use of it!

And so this month I plan to:

  • Set up the house
  • Try my hands on furniture makeover
  • Make detail work plan
  • Get all my papers (and PIO card) in order
  • Start exercising

No comments:

Post a Comment