Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Nautical shelve




 Changing houses can be a nuisance but it has its advantages as well. If I had to name one, it would be how free I can be with home décor. Setting up more permanent house can be a bit paralyzing at times. At least I know it is for me. What if I don’t like the wall color? What if the table I picked out is completely wrong for the space? What if I drill a hole in perfectly painted wall just to decide I don’t want to hand anything there after all?
…but in temporary houses I don’t have to play safe. It doesn’t really matter if I don’t like how sth turned out or if I get tired of it – I won’t be around for long anyway.
It gives me a lot of freedom to experiment, try things out and, ultimately, figure out the style I’m really happy and comfortable with.
I know, I like eclectic interiors – always have and probably always will, but the way I interpret it changed over the years. I used to love all the boho – ethnic – hippie rooms which, I now realize, look great in the pictures, but are rather messy and cluttered. I still enjoy an accent here and there, but I’m definitely moving towards simplification.
Knowing how my taste is changing, I really want to try as many styles and projects, as I can, before we start setting up OUR flat. Instead of endlessly drooling over perfectly edited pictures, I am now able to see how things work in real space, and, if need be, get certain ideas out of my system. And that’s, in a nutshell, the story of the latest addition to our bathroom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment