Monday, January 13, 2014

resolutions time



Here comes the new year with all its promises, problems, and yes, resolutions! I was never the one for it, but it doesn’t hurt to try, does it?
Moving to the new (and dreamy) place seems like a perfect opportunity to erase all the bad habits and turn over a new leaf.  Till now the wedding provided wonderful excuse... There were so many better things to do then unpacking, cleaning and settling in, in general. The truth is, that after some feeble attempts to organize our home life, all my craft projects landed on the dining table waiting to be finished, the “to do” list is getting longer, boxes with stuff we don’t use often are piling up… while I indulge in daydreaming about a perfect house.
On top of that, I had a really low moment lately while dealing with the visa application. Since my current status does not allow me to work, I was forced to enter “housewife” as my profession. Not that there is anything wrong with it! I’m actually beginning to think it might be quite fun... it’s just not how I picture myself. But then I, thought, why not embrace my current status (for the time being at least) and enjoy the pleasures of homemaking while implementing a couple of new years resolutions?

Anyway, I got to it with enthusiasm and started by browsing the internet for hours and hours ( Yay to “less time in front of the computer”). Till now I ordered some books (to read more), a table and a dresser (to stash all my crafting stuff) and tons of scrapbooking treasures. 

After my credit card begged for holidays I decided to move to more active phase. So far I managed to organize my jewelry making supplies, started making kind of quilted duvet cover to utilize my fabric scraps. I also made a weekly plan of keeping the house together (as a good housewife should).  
We tried the maid service but somehow I just can’t get comfortable with this concept. It is slightly masochistic because now I either have to do it all myself or, like a tyrant I am, put my newly acquired husband on cleaning duties with me.



 The most difficult part comes now: finishing what I started. I do have a problem with it. I am always very dedicated to my projects; until something nice and shiny comes along… then it is on to the next project and hello growing pile of half-finished junk. But no more! This is new and improved me I’m talking about!



No comments:

Post a Comment